THE VALUE OF MEMBERSHIP
Legislative Advocacy and collaboration with the Board of Medicine, the Florida Society of Anesthesiologists (FSA) works year-round to inform lawmakers about safe, cost-effective, physician-led anesthesia and to develop best practices throughout the state of Florida. The FSA fights every day for your practice by working with experts and lawmakers to protect the practice of safe anesthesia in Florida.
Our job is to open doors, make our case, and protect safe medicine. The Florida Society of Anesthesiologists is working to uphold the highest standards of our profession and patient advocacy by promoting research, education, and innovation in anesthesia care. FSA is an educational, research, and scientific association of physicians organized to raise and maintain the standards of the medical practice of anesthesiology and improve the care of their patients.
Patient-Centered Through the continued support of our members, we work every day to protect your practice and ensure Florida’s patients are receiving the safest model of anesthesia care possible.
Securing Your Practice: The Florida Society of Anesthesiologists is proud of the good work we’ve done in the last year to safeguard your practice and Florida’s patients. And while we have made great strides in our efforts, the work is far from done.
Make no mistake: the threats to safe anesthesia medicine and your practice are real. Changing corporate structures, CRNA’s seeking independent practice, and an ever-changing insurance market threaten your practice, and the FSA fights for your members by working around the clock with experts and lawmakers to protect the practice of safe anesthesia in Florida.
- A supportive environment for practitioners and students of anesthesiology to present their research and network with others in the profession;
- Participation in the committees and leadership roles that guide the direction of anesthesiology in Florida;
- Representation – through the FSA Political Action Committee – along with relevant, up-to-the-minute information about the current state and federal legislative issues affecting anesthesiology;
- Promoting interactions and facilitating mentorships between students, trainees and senior anesthesiologists;
- The FSA Annual Meeting on CME/MOCA credits, resident abstract presentations, networking, research projects, and other unique opportunities.
Meetings like the ASA annual meeting, ASA Advance (formerly Practice Management), FSA Legislative Days, ASA Legislative Conference, and FSA Annual Meetings also provide unique opportunities to learn from your leaders and peers and advance your practice. We are so honored to be able to provide these services.
We look forward to continuing working for you. As an important reminder, stay on your ASA/FSA team by renewing your 2023 ASA/FSA combined memberships! Please support the only organizations that represent you in DC and Tallahassee. Let us keep working together every day for patient safety and to preserve physician-led anesthesia.