FSA 2020 Annual Meeting
“Perioperative Brain Health – Improving Outcomes and Patient Safety”
June 12-14, 2020 * The Breakers, West Palm Beach, FL
At the conclusion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Perform pre-operative cognitive assessments.
- Explain best practice assessment and management of post-operative delirium and cognitive dysfunction.
- Discuss and apply best practices on opioid prescribing and administration.
- Update current practices and improve patient outcomes of the pediatric patient with foreign body aspiration and ingestion.
- Update current practices and improve management in development of an acute pain service.
This activity is intended for anesthesiologists. Researchers and other health care professionals with an interest in anesthesiology may also participate.
One South County Road
Palm Beach, Florida 33480
**Times Subject to Change
Registration Hours – LOCATION: South Ponce de Leon Ballroom Foyer
|Thursday, June 11, 2020||2:00 pm – 6:00 pm|
|Friday, June 12, 2020||6:30 am – 5:00 pm|
|Saturday, June 13, 2020||6:30 am – 4:00 pm|
Exhibit Hours – LOCATION: Ponce de Leon 4-6
|Friday, June 12, 2020||9:30 am – 2:00 pm & 5:00 pm – 6:30 pm|
|Saturday, June 13, 2020||9:30 am – 2:00 pm|
MEMBERSHIP IN THE FSA
The Florida Society of Anesthesiologists has a membership of over 1800 members, and includes not only practicing anesthesiologists, but also residents, research scientists, anesthesiology assistants, nurse anesthetists, and students. The benefits of membership to the FSA are many, and include:
- A supportive environment for practitioners and students of anesthesiology to present their research and to network with others in the profession;
- Participation in the committees and leadership roles that guide the direction of anesthesiology in Florida;
- Representation – through the FSA Political Action Committee – along with relevant, up-to-the-minute information about current state and federal legislative issues affecting anesthesiology;
- Promoting interactions and facilitating mentorships between students, trainees and senior anesthesiologists;
As a state component of the American Society of Anesthesiologists, FSA members must also belong to the ASA. The FSA uses the ASA membership application for state membership. There are several available categories for membership, and you can find your appropriate category on the FSA website at www.fsahq.org/join-fsa.
FSA PROGRAM COMMITTEE
Christian Diez, MD, President
Chris Giordano, MD, Program Co-Chair/Treasurer
Luis Rodriguez, MD, Program Co-Chair
Steven Porter, MD, Program Co-Chair
Nick Nedeff, MD
Asha Padmanabhan, MD
Todd Smaka, MD
Suvikram Puri, MD
Alicia Stein, MD
For any questions, please reach out to the FSA Senior Meeting Planner, Christine Sass.